The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Website Design
Posted on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Your website design is extremely important, it is essentially your shop window. Customers will take one look at it and decide whether to purchase from it or not. The phrase ‘don’t judge a book by it’s cover’ certainly does not apply in this case. Here are the Do’s and Don’ts to website design.
- Have a short and snappy domain name that people will remember, preferably ending in .com
- Upload useful content that is informative and targets keywords to rank high
- Have a clear site map to help users easily navigate through the website
- Have a website purpose, is it for business? e-commerce? or corporate?
- Use an unreliable, slow and poor customer service based hosting platform
- Have poor layout and colour choices – think complimentary colours!
- Forget about your audience, take into consideration who you really want to target
- Over advertise – too many adverts on your website can distract from it’s purpose
- Have Pop-Ups – they are the most annoying form of advertising and cause slow load times