WordPress Developer Vacancy
Posted on Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Push Beyond is looking to hire a WordPress Developer to join their team in Chester.
Push Beyond is an established digital agency delivering services to a range of Clients, primarily focusing on marketplace, transaction focused and e-commerce driven websites.
The WordPress Developer role will involve developing websites and applications for our Clients and our own projects for which we have two jobs pending immediate start.
We develop custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions and we will look for you to support sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions.
We’ll also be looking to you to provide leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings.
Other duties will be to work with other developers with system design and implementation and perform server maintenance and monitoring.
- Develop and maintain back end applications
- Be involved in meetings within the technical team
- Communicate with non technical members of staff in a clear way
- Solve problems swiftly but be sure to maintain quality
- Organise code in a way that is clear, logical, and simple to modify
- Ensure that code has been tested prior to release
- Document code in a way that assists others when they come to pick up your code
- Ensuring accurate code is developed and released
- Peer reviewing code, to hold each other accountable for quality of development
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
- Knowledge of Magento and Magento 2 will be a significant advantage.
- People skills
- Presentation skills
- Willing to go above and beyond to deliver for the Client
- Knowledge of technical architecture
- Technical documentation experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chowley Oak Business Park, Chester, CH3
Apply by submitting your CV to [email protected]
No agencies please